Tuesday, September 4, 2012

London Days

I can't believe I only have two more days left in this beautiful city. Coming here I had no idea what to expect or what I was even doing here. It certainly wasn't a destination chosen for rest and relaxation. I was sort of comparing what I knew of big city life to New York but London does have a different vibe. It does have the hustle and bustle (in fact I saw the paramedics aiding a fallen business man during evening rush hour as I followed the current of people towards my train) but the sense of urgency seems to be a little more even-keeled than in New York. London is vast and dense but it doesn't seem to have the heaviness I often get when I am in New York. Certainly I am a bit fatigued but no more so than when I am having a full day in Montreal. I have often thought I would go back to New York if I ever wanted big city life again. But I think it could be London.
Royal Albert Hall
Victoria and Albert Museum (Museums are always great to go to because they're free though full of tourists. On this occasion two exhibits that were going on were a Ballgown exhibit and a Design exhibit
Arthur admitted that in all his years of living in London he'd never really walked through Hyde Park. Having me around was a great excuse to do the tourist stuff in his own city
french boys playing football in the park
Arthur getting the shot for some tourists
inside the Tate Modern

No comments: